KTAOS Morning Show with Paddy Mac: 6am-12pm (Noon)
Paddy Mac, Taos' favorite morning DJ, keeps you entertained and informed, faithfully, every weekday.
Find out what's happening as he interviews members of the community, touching on everything
from politics to theatre to school fundraisers.
Featured weekday segments include:
- Hometown News: Keeping the community informed on all the latest happenings, from little league games to spiritual workshops, and PTA meetings to local protests. Submit your Public Service Announcement here.
- The Flow Report (7:10, 8:10, 9:10am): Are you trying to raft but are unsure of the river conditions? PLUS, if you’re looking for a guided river tour then look no further than the folks who sponsor the KTAOS Flow Report — they are the best there is: Los Rios River Runners and Big River Raft Trips!
- Birthday Club (8:15am): Call in live on air (758-8882) to celebrate the birthdays and anniversaries of friends and family. On Fridays, Paddy Mac picks one caller to win a complimentary ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.
- Lost & Hound (10:05am): Call 751-8282 (must leave a message) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report missing or found pets from the Taos area. You can find daily updates at enchantedtaos.com.
- Trash & Treasures (Fridays, 10:10am): Call in live on air (758-8882) to sell or trade any item or service that is not a live animal, business, or anything inappropriate. You can also call in if you are looking for stuff! This is truly a flea market over the airwaves.
KTAOS Midday Show with Katie Speirs: 12pm-3pm
Our Owner, President and Music Director, Katie Speirs loves being on air middays on KTAOS
playing new music for you while you’re at work, going to lunch, or running errands.
KTAOS Afternoon Show with Brad Hockmeyer: 3pm-7pm
Our Founder, Brad Hockmeyer, caught the radio bug as a young boy living just outside New York City and hasn't been able to shake it since. From Boston to Vermont to Taos, his passion for music and radio led to the creation of our radio station in 1982. He recently sold the radio station to a group of his employees but continues to host his afternoon show with music giveaways, compelling interviews, news and, we can't forget, those great segues! We believe that he's truly solar powered!
Featured weekday segments include:
- Lost & Hound (6:05pm): Call 751-8282 (must leave a message) or email email@example.com to report missing or found pets from the Taos area. Brought to you by New Mexico Real Estate Group.
Moccasin Wire with Pat Romero: 7pm-9pm
Pat Romero brings you contemporary, traditional and powwow Native American music by Native American artists. Moccasin Wire also features interviews and discussions regarding issues of importance to Taos Pueblo and the community.
My 3 Songs w/ Brad 4:30 PM
Each week Brad selects a special set of three songs with something in common. When the third song spins be the first caller to identify the connection to win.
KTAOS brings you Commercial Free Friday Night every week from 6-9PM.
Tune in for an upbeat mix to launch your weekend.
Solar Country with Johnny Ray Rawhide: 9am-12pm (Noon)
Solar Country features classic and "outlaw" country (Willie, Waylon, Johnny and Kris, the Possum, Burritos, etc.) as well as more local/regional fare such as Michael Hearne (and all his friends), Robert Earl Keen and, of course, the savior of Country Music: Steve Earle! You'll get a morning full of country, just a slightly different country.
Little Steven’s Underground Garage: 9-11pm
Hosted by Steven Van Zandt, Little Steven’s Underground Garage takes audiences on a two-hour trip down the path of what was cool in all six decades of Rock & Roll, a celebration of Pop culture, and features the best emerging new bands worldwide.
Radio Unleashed: 11pm-Midnight
There is more music being released today than ever before. Do you have time to listen to it all? Even a corner of it? That's where Radio Unleashed comes in. Your trusted friends in good taste listening to TONS of new music, pulling out the gems and presenting them to you in a beautiful package.
New Dimensions: 6-7am
New Dimensions delivers life-affirming, socially and spiritually relevant information, practical knowledge and perennial wisdom through the voices and visions of those who are asking new questions and are looking at the world in positive and inspiring ways.
Art of the Song: 7-8am
Art of the Song, hosted by John & Viv, brings listeners music and interviews exploring inspiration and creativity through songwriting and other art forms.
The Jazz Show with Rick Haltermann: 8-11am
Part of Rick Haltermann’s mission is to reintroduce listeners to jazz; not so much as a historical document but as something very much alive and accessible. The themes represent a kind of curriculum of the soul in the hope of encouraging reflection, leading to real discourse and connection in the world.
Acoustic Café: 12-2pm
Hosted by Rob Reinhart, listeners tuning in to Acoustic Café can hear the latest from today’s great songwriting talents, spanning a variety of music genres across several decades.
eTown, hosted by Nick Forster, mixes live music from top performers in a wide variety of styles with conversation and information about our communities, our environment and common sense stewardship.
Floydian Slip: 6-7pm
"Floydian Slip" is a one-hour, weekly radio journey through the history of the rock band Pink Floyd.
Host Craig Bailey works classic Floyd songs, deep album cuts and Floyd’s unique brand of ambient segues into a seamless blend of music and sound best described as a listening experience.
A wide selection for a Solar Soundsystem Sunday night weekend wind down.